If this is the first you’ve heard of the Centipede Sawhorse, take our guided tour.
As we enter the final week of the year, we can begin to take stock of a whirlwind 2013…
Here are some of our highlights…
- In May, Ed and I agreed to work together on this project and we completed the demonstration video with the prototype unit.
- In June, the first order ever placed for a Centipede Sawhorse came through our IndieGoGo campaign on 6/16 at 12:55 PM to a friend in Truth or Consequences, NM.
- In July, BoingBoing, Tool-Rank, ToolGuyd, The Good Men Project and others began posting about us and word began to spread.
- By the end of our initial campaign in August, we had raised enough funds to contract a manufacturing partner and get the production process started.
- In September arrangements were made to start building production tooling in October.
- The first week of November was a hot one for us as the Kickstarter began and initial sales averaged over $1,000 per day.
- As we entered December, we were able to announce that the first production quality parts had been made – the Centipede Sawhorse had become a reality!
- Though the shopping cart is up for this last week of the year, we think it’ll be pretty accurate to summarize our total 2013 CrowdLaunch Fundraising Statistics now:
- Total orders taken: $26,828.98
- 252 people are awaiting 320 sawhorses
- 162 Centipede and 158 Centipede PRO Sawhorse Kits
- 20 Centipede PRO Sawhorse Kits will be donated to Habitat for Humanity – a $2,500 value! (EDIT in 2015: Due to lessons learned throughout 2014 on into 2015, we’re going to donate 40 Centipede™ Sawhorses (2’x4′) instead of 20 Centipede™ Support XLs (4’x8′) as originally anticipated. The smaller unit is more universally applicable, as not every job site has the room or need for full sheet support. The dollar value is higher than originally pledged. Check in on our progress here.)
Not too bad for a product that isn’t commercially available yet! I think it is looking to be a pretty darn interesting 2014, because we’re just getting started!
THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR YOUR SUPPORT!
It has been amazing and humbling to have so many people pulling for us.