Waiting to Exhale…
With support from 293 of the kindest of souls around, we were able to complete a proof-of-concept production run of 410 Centipede Sawhorses in May of 2014. With production quality samples in hand, we are now able to have meaningful discussions with distributors, retailers, investors – anyone that could have an impact on our international product launch.
To be honest, we’re sitting on some incredible news, but until the deal is sealed, mum’s the word. Stay tuned, because the Centipede Sawhorse is coming and it will be here to stay!
- Sign up on our back order list. We’ll only send you an email when the product is available near you.
- A limited run of the Centipede Sawhorses will be available in the UK and EU starting this week.
- For our early supporters, accessories can be ordered below. Please email us if you have any questions or feedback for us. And remember, please send us any photos or descriptions of the Centipede Sawhorse in action!
Centipede Sawhorse Kit
- Supports materials and bench or table tops up to 2′ x 4′
- Folds down to 5.75″ x 9″ for compact transport and storage
- Includes 4 EA X-Cups, 2 EA Bench Clamps and 1 EA Storage Bag
- Estimated MSRP: $64.99 (M.A.P.)
Centipede PRO Sawhorse Kit
- Supports materials and bench or table tops up to 4′ x 8′
- Folds down to 9″ x 14″ for compact transport and storage
- Includes 4 EA X-Cups, 4 EA Bench Clamps and 1 EA Storage Bag
- Estimated MSRP: $124.99 (M.A.P.)
4 PC Quick Clamp Accessory Set
- Hold materials and table or bench tops in place
- TPR overmolded stem and flexibly polymer provide maximum tension
- Includes 4 EA Bench Clamps
- $14.99 plus shipping and handling
4 PC X-Cup Accessory Set
- Quickly set up for traditional sawhorse applications
- Accommodates standard 2×4′s for quick setup
- Includes 4 EA X-Cups
- $14.99 plus shipping and handling
6 PC Replacement P-Top Accessory Set
- Avoid damage to blade or sawhorse
- Spins 360 degrees for accessory positioning convenience
- Includes 6 EA P-Tops and Nut Assemblies
- $14.99 plus shipping and handling
Latest CrowdLaunch News
Limited Run Available in UK this Week
A limited run of Centipede Sawhorses will be available in the UK starting this week! Keep an eye out for an updated Centipede Sawhorse page on Complete Tool’s site to order. Or email Complete Tool at info@CompleteTool.co.uk to order one now!
You’re going to want to ACT FAST, trust me:
- We expect this run to sell out weeks before more Centipede Sawhorses will be delivered.
- An introductory price of £64.99 for the Centipede Sawhorse and £124.99 for the Centipede PRO Sawhorse will be honored as posted, however the official MSRP will increase after this order is sold out.
The official launch in the UK is in the works. We expect it to become widely available by autumn, but don’t have any concrete details we’re willing to share just yet. Stay tuned to our Centipede Sawhorse Launch News page or Complete Tool’s Centipede Sawhorse page for updates or email info@CompleteTool.co.uk to buy or get on the waiting list.
We should also have coverage in Denmark, France and other parts of Europe by autumn. However, I’m going to have a real hard time letting you guys know where they are located. Depending on the level of feedback our distribution partner is willing to provide, I’ll make it as apparent as I can on our Get Your Centipede Sawhorse page. Always email us at info@CentipedeTool.com if you have a question and we’ll do our best to find an affordable way to get one to you!
Starting nearly immediately, the Centipede Sawhorses will be available on Amazon.co.uk, which delivers throughout the EU, so that will always be an option…
We think we finally got some traction in Australia but it is currently out of our hands. We have a guy working at it for us, but we don’t have the resources right now to get our keisters over there and get it done ourselves… Believe me, I hope the trip is imminent. I also hope Ed doesn’t make me come back.
So close, yet so far away! We took a real beating on the couple dozen units we sold to our early supporters from Canada and it sounds like they weren’t treated too nicely when it came to fees upon delivery. We had no idea this was going to happen – we thought we were paying enough!!
We’ll definitely have Canadian retailers lined up before too much longer. Like Australia, it has been hard to focus outside of our current efforts. However, Canada is a lot closer and we’ve both personally called on just about every retail group we’ll need for broad coverage throughout the country. If nothing else, I ran into the Amazon.ca buyer for this category at the National Hardware Show a few weeks ago. I’ll have them going as soon as possible.
We’re focused on quick penetration into the markets we have some experience in. However, we want everyone to have access to a Centipede Sawhorse. No matter where you are in the world, either email us at info@CentipedeTool.com or sign up on the Centipede Sawhorse back order list and I’ll email you when they become available.
Our last two supporters were directly referred to us after a demonstration from one of our earliest supporters!
Take a moment. Let that sink in. Do you understand how incredible that makes us feel? I can’t even describe it. What was so recently nothing more than a dream has become a reality. Something some of you folks can’t wait to share with your friends! Amazing.
Now that the last of the proof-of-concept production run units are claimed, here’s a few things to do:
- Want one, didn’t get one? Sign up on our back order list to be emailed when the Centipede Sawhorses will be available near you
- Get the absolute most up-to-date status of the Centipede Sawhorse launch on our Get Yours page
- Check out what our early supporters are doing with their Centipede Sawhorses
- Check out some of the Centipede Sawhorse videos available
- Browse the Centipede Sawhorse Crowd Launch headlines
We are absolutely thrilled to tell you we’ve been featured in an article by Stuart Lees at Stu’s Shed!!
Yet more evidence of the phenomenon that is the Centipede SawHorse…
ARTICLE: Sliced Bread? Step Aside!
Follow on Twitter: https://twitter.com/StusShed
And Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/StusShed1
Last week, Ed was in the Chicagoland area on business. He sent ahead a bunch of Centipede Sawhorses so we could hand-deliver them to early supporters in the area. I made sure to capture some videos of the exchanges.
Before I take too much heat here, I’d like to apologize in advance for the cell phone camera orientation. Never hold it vertical – always horizontal! I even had my finger over the lens for one of them! *sigh* I’m such a slow learner and that is day one stuff!
6 New Videos Uploaded:
- Centipede PRO Sawhorse Demonstration
- Centipede PRO Sawhorse on Uneven Ground
- Loading and Unloading a Centipede Sawhorse from its Carry/Storage Bag
- Centipede and Centipede PRO Sawhorse Demonstration to Mike D
And, my favorite - Ed Presents a Centipede Sawhorse to Mike D. He’s speechless and you can hear his wife off camera saying “Mmm hmm. Easy!”
Shipping Status Update
As of today:
- 132 Centipede Sawhorses have been delivered to 67 people in 27 states.
- 62 Centipede and 70 Centipede PRO Sawhorses
- 255 Centipede Sawhorses have yet to be delivered to 217 people in 46 states, provinces and countries.
- 130 Centipede and 125 Centipede PRO Sawhorses
We want to truly thank everyone for their patience thus far. We understand how frustrating it is to continue to wait this far into the outdoor project season for a product we once hoped we’d have shipped by February. For some, this frustration is compounded by the fact that some of our earliest supporters have begun sharing their photos and experiences with their Centipede Sawhorses. We are working as fast as we can and are trying to accommodate any requests to jump the line. (A lot of birthday presents being delivered!)
Thank you so much for your patience.
Now that Ed’s week of travel is over, we hope to rocket through the remaining orders. He has talked to his Fed Ex driver and has made arrangements for pick ups that should move the process along a lot quicker. We’re hoping to be done by the end of next week.
Crush Testing for Load Rating
The New Mexico Small Business Assistance (NMSBA) Program at Sandia National Labs in Albuquerque provides engineering work to new small businesses in the state. Early this coming week, Ed has an appointment with them to drop off the sample units they need to provide us with an official load rating. Though we’ve discussed it with them, at this point we have no idea how long they need to conduct the tests or if we’ll be put in a line - I’ll share any details as they come up.
End User Application Photos
- Check out our new Centipede Sawhorse photo gallery page here. It isn’t very well done, but I’m not very technically adept. As soon as we can invest in a better approach, we will.
- Check out Dozer’s short videos about the Centipede Sawhorse posted on Keek here.
PLEASE send your photos and feedback to us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
FAQ is Live
I’m doing everything I can to illustrate answers to our most common questions. Up first is how it handles uneven ground and the best way to load/unload it from the carry bag (it was a tighter fit than anticipated). Send us your feedback and questions to email@example.com.
There have been a couple great posts on Keek from Dozer showing his use of the Centiepede Sawhorse, but I can’t figure out an easy way to present them. Hope these are fun to flip through in chronological order!
Jul 16, 2014 | Happy #WorkbenchWednesday @CoolToolShed on location at VBS. by DozersWorkshop on Keek.com
May 21, 2014 | The kiddos are just as excited as I am @centipedetools by DozersWorkshop on Keek.com
May 21, 2014 | @centipedetools Out of the box and oooooh so easy! by DozersWorkshop on Keek.com
We started out with a prototype Centipede Sawhorse last May…
Yes, only 1 prototype is shown. The original model had pins that allowed the removal of the smaller unit…
You can see the layers of material in the lines on the surface.
In early December, we saw our first parts created from the injection molding
Things just got real!
Which became the first sub-assemblies in early January
That TPR overmold on the bench clamp was tricky to get right!
And the first hand assembled factory samples soon after
Definitely real now… A Centipede Sawhorse not made by Ed!
Parts for the first production run showed up and were then finished in late March
Another tricky component. The spring steel is very difficult to work with and the factory even broke one of it’s steel punch machines!
The carry bag was completed and we started seeing finished products in early April
More than real, now it was just a matter of boxing them up and sending them along their merry way.
The products were packaged and loaded onto a shipping container in mid-April
Hi ho, hi ho, it’s off to work we go!
And the first proof-of-concept production run of the Centipede Sawhorses were loaded into the warehouse for distribution in mid-May!
Thank you to all of our early supporters in making this run of Centipede Sawhorses possible. It seems we are lucky enough to enjoy our wildest dreams becoming a reality. Thank you.
Please use this form to add photos or a report on your experience with a Centipede Sawhorse. We are extremely appreciative of any feedback that can be provided to help us identify product improvements and to let others know what you think of it after using it.
Thank you so much for your time!!
I don’t think I’ve ever been more excited in my life to write an announcement:
The first production run of Centipede Sawhorses is in our possession and we began distributing them today!
In fact, our very first supporter, who was anxiously awaiting the start of our first crowdfunding campaign nearly a year ago, was the first person to receive their Centipede Sawhorse today in Ed’s home town of Truth or Consequences, NM. Ironically, our newest supporter was the second person to receive one, because he was jealous when Brian got his and paid cash on the spot for it!
As excited as we are, we need to be realistic in our expectations. Due to our disparate home states, Ed is handling the distribution of all 415 Centipede Sawhorses on his own. He’ll have over 285 shipments to arrange and he has a personal life to maintain (bringing a friend to the hospital tomorrow is a great example).
We expect it will take more than a month to get them all out the door. We’ll try to shorten this lead time – for example, I’ve already started looking at ticket prices to fly out there and see how many we can knock out in a weekend if we work together…
Outside of a few exceptions, we intend to ship the products in the order we received payment. If you have an urgent need to receive yours more quickly, please let us know.
As usual, we will do our best to keep you updated as we progress.
We have sold out of Centipede Sawhorses and down to our last 9 Centipede PRO Sawhorses. If you want to claim one of the 9 or get on the Official Centipede Sawhorse Back Order list, visit our ordering page here: http://centipedetool.com/get-yours/
We cannot yet say when the next production run will be scheduled, so this may be your last chance to own one this summer.