FINAL STRETCH – EVERY ORDER COUNTS!
In the first weeks of the current campaign, we hit some pretty important milestones:
- Over $23,000 has been raised so far in 2013 to help us crowdlaunch the Centipede Sawhorse.
- 219 people have come together to pre-order 283 Centipedes.
- With this support, production has now begun and we have produced our first production parts.
- The first full pallet of Centipede PRO Sawhorses will be donated to Habitat for Humanity ($1,875 value).
These are some awesome numbers to celebrate, but we still have a long way to go before commercial viability.
In the final weeks of this campaign, lets finish strong! Here’s how to help:
- GET THE WORD OUT - Share this page with everyone you know. If you think we’re on to something pretty cool, we are counting on you to tell your friends about the great new product you found. Pro Tip: Use the share buttons on the left side of this page!
- ORDER THROUGH KICKSTARTER
- Early bird specials still available - The first production run will be delivered in February.
- Support Habitat for Humanity - For every 5 Centipede PRO Sawhorse Kits sold through this campaign, 1 will be donated to Habitat for Humanity!
- Accessories sets - 4 PC Bench Clamp or X Cup sets work in standard 3/4″ bench top dog holes as well as the Centipede.
- Holiday cards sent in time for Christmas - We’ll send a greeting card of your choice to inform the recipient that delivery of their sawhorse is less than 60 days away from Christmas.
- BUY NATIONAL CHAIN GIFT CARDS HERE - If gift cards are on your list, The Crowdfunders Show is running a FundRazr selling gift cards from stores like Home Depot, Sears, Best Buy and more! If enough of them sell, we could earn additional funds.
For the uninitiated, some back story:
Armed with little more than the Centipede Sawhorse Prototype Video, we conducted a successful enough crowdfunding campaign over the summer to contract a production facility and get the production process started. As you read this, the production tooling and injection molding have delivered their first parts and are being adjusted for production. Within a few weeks, we’ll receive the first pre-production samples for our testing and inspection. After making any necessary adjustments, the first production run should start no later than early December.
In the meantime, we need to continue taking pre-orders through our Kickstarter campaign to keep the factory working while we make the Centipede Sawhorse ready for retail production runs. From package design and obtaining UPC codes to creating a compelling point of sale display, we need to convince retailers that we have the next best thing they’ve been looking for. There is a lot of work to be done and we won’t be able to get there without your help in getting the word out about our campaign.
Current production status
Production Parts Photos: The Centipede Becomes Reality!
Habitat for Humanity stretch goal
Current # of Centipede PRO Sawhorse Kits to be donated: 15
To begin building a legacy of supporting our communities from the very beginning, we discussed the best way to focus our efforts with the early backers of our product launch. After a vote that overwhelmingly indicated we should support Habitat for Humanity, we announced that for every 100 Centipede PRO Sawhorses ever manufactured, we will donate a Centipede PRO Sawhorse Kit to local Habitat for Humanity affiliates. After contacting their Gifts in Kind department to discuss how we can support Habitat for Humanity, our Program Development Officer, Heather, suggested we might sponsor the National Home Builders Blitz coming up in June of 2014. With the donation of 301 Centipede PRO Sawhorse kits, we could be “Iron” level sponsors of this amazing event that aims to help construct more than 300 new houses, and rehab or make substantial repairs to other existing homes across the country. We wanted to be a part of this, but our business is far too young to afford such a large scale donation. So, we’ve decided to change things up a bit for this campaign in hopes of reaching that goal:
These donations will be sent to Habitat regardless of the outcome of this campaign. If we miss our goal, they’ll sell the donated units through their ReStores. This way, everyone knows their purchase of a Centipede Sawhorse will play a part in building homes where they are needed most.
What do you get the man or woman who has everything? How about something that no one else has? To be clear: there is no way we can get the Centipede Sawhorses delivered by Christmas. What we are doing is offering to send a greeting card to your loved one to let them know that you’ve reserved a Centipede Sawhorse for delivery to them in February. Take a closer look at the card designs shown here. Pick a design you like and we’ll customize the look, the photos, the message – anything. To purchase, choose the $5 Christmas in February reward in our current kickstarter campaign. This offer is available to anyone who has pre-ordered their Centipede Sawhorse Kit throughout 2013.
Our Bench Clamps and X Cups are designed to be universally usable in standard 3/4″ bench top dog holes and the positionable P-Tops on the Centipede Sawhorse. The Bench Clamps makes a great extra set of hands to hold wood for cutting or keep tabletops in place. X Cups are convenient for handling standard 2x4s. Learn more about the Centipede Sawhorse accessories here.
The rewards for this campaign come from the pre-retail production run you are helping to fund. Get a Centipede Sawhorse Kit, Centipede PRO Sawhorse Kit, Holiday Card or Accessory Set shipped to your home in the U.S. for the listed price. Add an extra $5 or $10 to selected pledge amounts and we’ll get them to locations in Canada or Mexico.
Stay up to date on our launch and similar news on the Centipede Sawhorse Launch News page. Here are some of the headlines:
- The Crowdfunders Show Starts Simultaneous Campaign Selling Retail Gift Cards
- Ed is Interviewed for LeskoFreeRadio.com
- Matt’s Basement Workshop Podcast Announcement
- Enhanced Habitat for Humanity Donation Program Expanded
- $20,000 Raised in Centipede Sawhorse “CrowdLaunch”
- Please Vote to Help Centipede Tool Win $10k